cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: New BT Infinity, can't get broadband

Go to solution
Then unfortunately it appears you need another engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution
Any ideas what the problem could be this time? As it was working fine initially for a short period
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Is your phone line working now?

0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution
Yeah, my phone line seems to be fine
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution
Could be a myriad of reasons, one being that you're connected to the wrong fibre port in the cabinet which has subsequently been turned off following the closure of his job if either he's noted the one you're on wrong or simply it has ben turned off in error. That's one possible scenario 😞
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution
I never imagined that two Openreach engineers could be so incompetent.

I now have yet another engineer booked to come out so third time lucky I'm hoping.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
Fingers crossed for you, hopefully they can sort it out this time. Let us know how you get on.

Might be an idea to ask the engineer for his mobile number incase it goes back off that same day to save you the hassle of booking another appointment. He may or may not be willing to give it to you though.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

@Webby wrote:
Fingers crossed for you, hopefully they can sort it out this time. Let us know how you get on.

Might be an idea to ask the engineer for his mobile number incase it goes back off that same day to save you the hassle of booking another appointment. He may or may not be willing to give it to you though.

That's exactly what I did, whenever I have a fault now I just call our friend who's an Openreach engineer and it gets sorted quickly! 😄

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Probably best to go through the 'official channels' if you have any problems @William_Grimsley Smiley Wink

Cheers

David

Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@DavidM wrote:

Probably best to go through the 'official channels' if you have any problems @William_Grimsley Smiley Wink

Cheers

David

I know, to be truthful I only ask for tips but we do know him personally (he visited the property over 10 times in a few years). 😄

0 Ratings