cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

New Broadband Connection Speed Slower Than Expected

So bit of a saga, but i was with BT for 4 years, Fibre connection and got 55mb down and 10mb up decided in my infinite wisdom to change to Sky BB, same speeds achieved but the WiFi was **bleep** ( i had complete WiFi with BT ) so decided to move back to BT within the cooling off period.

My issue now if that the "new" BT connection i can only get 40mb down ? after contacting BT they inform me thats the fastest connection on the line ??

So can it be possible that i'm now on a different port that's slower than before ?

I was kind of hoping its was DLM holding it back but they say its not.

Can anyone shed any light ? thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: New Broadband Connection Speed Slower Than Expected

Enter your phone number HERE and post the result. Remove number before posting.

Post the connection stats from the hub. Advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

ek160303_0-1603277698767.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

I will post router stats later but does that indicate anything ?

After discussing again with BT they are telling me the old connection is no longer available and i am now on a different cabinet and they are giving me the fastest connection possible ?

Strangely according to Vodafone BB i can get a Fibre 2 connection, which must be an 80/20 connection so why can't BT offer this ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

As shown by the checker your estimated speeds are between 40-58mb. It is possible more customers have been added to the cab causing an increase in crosstalk.

You hub stats will show what the max you can achieve is regardless what Vodaphone say.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Router is connected at 40mb but max is 49mb but that does fluctuate to over 50mb.

So could it be that DLM has it running on a slower profile ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

I don't know, you haven't yet posted your hub stats.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I know i will do them when i get home, thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

IMG_9202.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Your connection time is only 3 days have you been having problems with your connection dropping or manual resets to try and get faster speed or combination of both?

have you checked for line noise - dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings