Did you mean: 
Highlighted
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

New Build BT Fibre woes

Go to solution
Fibre new Build

I move into my new build property on Tuesday. I have just tried to order BT fibre unlimited but apparently i cant get it which i find strange as the exchange is FTTC enabled and other houses  (non new builds) under same postcode can get it and I am only 220 metres from the exchange The developers have had openreach out who have connected the master socket and cabled as far as i am aware the phone line isnt activated as they couldnt provide me a phone number. I have been on the openreach broadband availability checker and when i do a address search my address is listed twice which i find strange.

could some one tell me what my options are  ? i am coming from 220Mbps and work from home and have a family who have streaming/gaming/downloading needs 

https://ibb.co/iue6Ro

https://ibb.co/kZtamo

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: New Build BT Fibre woes

Go to solution

Order a phone line. Once installed and activated the database will be updated within days.

I doubt very much that Openreach have installed the master socket and any extention cabling into an empty house. That is normally done by the site electricians.

What has the developer said is available? If a site of more than 30 properties then FTTP should be available if the developer registered the site with Openreach.

c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

There is no FTTP as the site only contains 3 new builds. I spoke with the developer yesterday who confirmed that they basically said the infrastructure is there  (master socket) just the phone line hasnt been activated

So basically if i order a BT phone line first i then should then be able to get Fibre as the exchange is fibre enabled (i am only metres from the exchange and in a cabinet that other properties have fibre? can they not be ordered together ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution
As it’s a New Build connected to the PSTN rather than FTTP it’ll need what they call a, NDVR. New Development Visit Required by an Openreach Engineer to Prove the Routing of the line.

Once that’s done and BT Wholesales Database is updated with the relevant info then you’ll be able to order whichever Services are available to your line.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

Getting the phone line first will most likely get the database updated quicker than any other method. ISP's can only supply broadband if the database states it is available, no phone line means nothing in the database.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

@Starwire2000 wrote:
As it’s a New Build connected to the PSTN rather than FTTP it’ll need what they call a, NDVR. New Development Visit Required by an Openreach Engineer to Prove the Routing of the line.

Once that’s done and BT Wholesales Database is updated with the relevant info then you’ll be able to order whichever Services are available to your line.

The OP has stated it is only a 3 new build site with no active phone line. The 2 other properties have active phone lines and FTTC.

0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution
Hi thanks for response the other 2 new built properties are the same situation as mine No phone line and cant order Fibre (can only order standard ADSL ) its a very small street with about 12 houses every house i have tried in the same postcode/street as mine can get fibre. The only 2 that can not is the 3 new builds which i own 1 of them
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

Until you have an active phone line you won't know if fibre is available and only be offered ADSL.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution
@pippincp

‘The OP has stated it is only a 3 new build site with no active phone line. The 2 other properties have active phone lines and FTTC.‘

You haven’t read it correctly, the OP has stated;

‘the other 2 new built properties are the same situation as mine No phone line and cant order Fibre (can only order standard ADSL ) its a very small street with about 12 houses every house i have tried in the same postcode/street as mine can get fibre. The only 2 that can not is the 3 new builds which i own 1 of them’
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks for reply that propert suks tho as i will have to wait for the phone line to be activated and then i will then have to wait for there DB's to be updated then order Fibre broadband which will take another couple weeks
0 Ratings