Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ojobson
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: New Build BT Fibre woes

Go to solution

May be worth trying to speak to openreach - there is a form on the open reach website for that here.

No harm in getting another line of enquiry up and running whilst you wait for BT to sort themselves out.

Don't expect a fast response from OR though.

Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

I have just ordered a BT land line for the property gets installed on 24th July lets see what happens once the land line gets put in .....

Message 13 of 26

Go to solution
The BT Wholesale Checker gets updated every Friday, although I think there’s a disclaimer somewhere that it can take up to 6 weeks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

@Starwire2000 wrote:
@pippincp

‘The OP has stated it is only a 3 new build site with no active phone line. The 2 other properties have active phone lines and FTTC.‘

You haven’t read it correctly, the OP has stated;

‘the other 2 new built properties are the same situation as mine No phone line and cant order Fibre (can only order standard ADSL ) its a very small street with about 12 houses every house i have tried in the same postcode/street as mine can get fibre. The only 2 that can not is the 3 new builds which i own 1 of them’

It would appear so.Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution
BT engineer has been today and phone line is now activated he said the cabinet/exchange has fibre and there is plenty of ports free so he says i shouldnt have any issues getting fibre and i am only 200 metres from the exchange. How long do i have to now wait before ordering BT fibre unlimited ? i just checked and still says i can only get ADSL but i presume this is because the line has only been activated and its not showing on there systems yet
0 Ratings
ojobson
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

I've read where others have said it's every thursday that the ADSL checker tool is updated, others say there is a few weeks delay - difficult to know what is true. I've previously had advice given to me to phone BT and ask them to put through a "Bronze" order they may be able to force it through.

You could always try the online chat on the open reach website - they might be able to provide more information or speed up the resolution for you?

Sage
Sage
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

As @Starwire2000 has stated the database is normally updated on a Friday. It  then depends on the day of install of the line and what time of the day (afternoon installs may not get logged until too late). Always leave it until the week after install to check.

0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution
I have just checked on BT wholesale and its now been updated and says i can get VDSL (FTTC) will they now be able to accept my order ?
https://ibb.co/e5ZgTd

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution
perfect ill get it ordered as soon as they open at 9am. The BT infinity postcode checker on there site is still saying ADSL but guess its the BT wholesale checker that is more accurate. Any idea of lead time from ordering to go live ? i work from home and 3G/4G signal is poor so hoping it is pretty quick