Did you mean: 
CJT80
Expert
Message 21 of 26

Re: New Build BT Fibre woes

Go to solution

@

@c4rm0wrote:
perfect ill get it ordered as soon as they open at 9am. The BT infinity postcode checker on there site is still saying ADSL but guess its the BT wholesale checker that is more accurate. Any idea of lead time from ordering to go live ? i work from home and 3G/4G signal is poor so hoping it is pretty quick

@c4rm0

Up to two weeks usually I believe. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

@c4rm0 wrote:
perfect ill get it ordered as soon as they open at 9am. The BT infinity postcode checker on there site is still saying ADSL but guess its the BT wholesale checker that is more accurate. Any idea of lead time from ordering to go live ? i work from home and 3G/4G signal is poor so hoping it is pretty quick

Using the postcode checker is unreliable. A check using your phone number will tell you exactly what you can get and estimated speed range.

ojobson
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution
Agree post code checker is not accurate and telephone number check is usually most accurate when it works (only seems to work for bt customers in my experience), however the address checker (where you select your listed property) has, for me, always given the same results or been more useful than the tel’ no. check.
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

I thought you now have a BT phone connection and number  probably need to check dslchecker and when show available for your number then you can order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution
All good i gave them my new BT phone number and ordered superfast fibre 2 unlimited as the check came back all good with a estimate of 70-80Mbps it gets put in on July 31st
ojobson
Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution
Wooooo!
Super - that’s pretty quick too.