Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indy5
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Build FTTP - No straight answers!!!

Go to solution

Hi

I wonder if anyone can please help or pass on any advice at all. We moved into our new home on Thursday the 29th of March. This is a new build house by the developer Dundas Homes. This is in a development called Calderwood Village. Our phase of development have been given FTTP which was great news for us. However, nearly 2 months in and we are no further forward with trying to get a connection.

Current state of play is, the white fibre cable is currently setup through the wall in the house. It is not connected up to any modem\unit on the wall or anything within my home. It is literally just hanging out the wall. Speaking to the builder (who is still onsite) they say they have done their part and it now lies with Openreach. Filling out the forms on the Openreach website is useless as I always receive a reply back indicating that there is no fibre availability and there are no plans for it either. I go back to the builder and they mention that they will chase up through Openreach again. They say this is now with BT. I speak to BT who say that everything lies with the builder. I really am SO frustrated as no-one seems to know what is happening. It is costing an arm and a leg to buy data via our mobile phone contracts whilst we are disconnected just now.

Does anyone have any help or advice?

Thank you so much in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Build FTTP - No straight answers!!!

Go to solution

this is a problem for your developer to sort out with openreach

you can try FTTP team but doubt that will get you anywhere  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

You might want to point out THIS document to the builder.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ojobson
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You need to speak to OpenReach about this - I went through a similar issue. The fibre in our development had been layed, but not everyone could order. I managed to get Openreach to investigate, but it was not a speedy process!

I blogged about the issue here, and there are some resources linked to in the article that might help. I believe there is also another online form that isn't mentioned in the article and that is for new build premises where the developer is still on site. I don't have the link for that one, but someone else might (or a quick google might find it).

Hope that helps.