cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomz0rr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New Build Fibre Connection Madness - Wrong Cabinet On OpenReach systems?

Good Morning guys,

Long story short, after NINE months of back and forth between myself, openreach, BT and even my local council I have had a phone line finally fitted last week. They activated a copper broadband service and were due to upgrade me to fibre once active. 

Yesterday I was told by BT that I am connected to PCP35 - a cabinet that I cannot find anywhere and does not have a fibre service. I did alot of checks and cannot find cabinet 35 anywhere, on all tests I run it says I am connected to 14 - a fibre enabled cabhinet which all my neighbours are connected to. Yet my case handler is still saying I am connected to 35? could it be that someone on Openreach side made a mistake when inputting information? how reliable is the DSL checker? I have used both phone number and address and both have told me I am connected to cabinet 14. 

See below,

address.pngphone number.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am at my wits end with this!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Tomz0rr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Build Fibre Connection Madness - Wrong Cabinet On OpenReach systems?

I have now done a more recent search using my phone number and have noticed more detailed information?phone number new.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

the last dslchecker certainly shows you are on cab 14 and that it is fibre enabled, available and your estimated speed is 47/32mb down and 7.9/5.4mb up

you should be able to phone options team and get superfast 1  try 0800800030  they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tomz0rr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thank you! how reliable is Dslchecker? just because as I mentioned for some reason someone at BT is saying that I'm connected to cabinet 35??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

The DSL checker uses the same database as BT.  There is no cabinet 35 connected to your exchange.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Tomz0rr,

Going by the last checker result you posted it does indicate that FTTC service is available to order. 

If you need help placing that order, post back and I'll take a look at this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings