cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdougbain
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New Build - Fibre / Copper - Unable to make headway with OpenReach

20th Feb 2018, I placed an order to move my BT Infinity to a new build home.  This was scheduled for 6th April 2018. 

When I placed the order, I was told that the new build estate was FTTP so I needed to confirm the order / move by speaking with the FTTP team (in Dundee).  I did so on the 22nd Feb.  Everything was good.  I told that I was going to be provided with FTTP with a speed equivalent to my previous 56Mbps copper connection. 

6th April - I waited in... no engineer.   Online - the following status update was shown..   I received through the post - a filter. ... Mmm - that doesn't sound like FTTP.. 

BTorder.png

I phoned BT.  They had no idea why the engineer did not turn up.  Promised an update the following Tuesday!

After many many calls, and many many case agents assigned to my case it turns out OpenReach did not like how the developers ran the cable through the ducting and were not moving until a pull cord was added. 

Pull cord was added to ducting on the 17th April.. This was a demand not met by other properties that have had installations done the same distance from the cabinet.  

This took 12 days with Openreach not turning up for agreed meeting with the developers and not providing clarification to BT on the issue blocking the installation.  It was only when I managed to find a call agent able to escalate Openreach, did an openreach individual meet with the developers. 

As of 19th April, no schedule provided for engineer or installation.  BT online says appointment confirmed for 6th April...   Call center left voicemail to say next update 27th April.... 8 days away! 

Help!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Build - Fibre / Copper - Unable to make headway with OpenReach

sorry but all FTTP enquiries/sales/problems are dealt with by the FTTP team on 08005874787.  unfortunately the mods on here cannot help with FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wdougbain
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

"all FTTP enquiries/sales/problems are dealt with by the FTTP team on 08005874787"...

No they are not, which is why I posted to this forum.... in a vain hope that someone would read and care.

6 days ago, I was told I was not getting FTTP but instead I was getting copper. Any information I had received previously from the Dundee FTTP team was incorrect.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 6

Do you have an active telephone line? If so enter you number HERE and post back the result. If no phone number click on address checker lower down the page.

0 Ratings
wdougbain
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

No phone line yet, so here is the result of the address check.

Thanks for your help.

broadbandchecker.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

so fibre is available (FTTC) to you but probably because you don't have a phone line you are having problems ordering  from others on forum they ordered phone line and copper broadband and once installed were able to move to fibre

as you can see FTTP is also availabe to you 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings