Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AJay1990
Message 1 of 4

New Build Nightmare

Go to solution
Hi all,
I moved into a new build home in December 2017.
I was told that ADSL broadband was available until openreach had rolled out FTTP.
It's now April 2019 and still no updates so I contacted openreach who said there were no plans to upgrade cabinet 80 in Wrexham (which is what all homes on the new estate are connected to).
I spoke to the site developers who told me they missed the registration and that fiber is now completely out of score.
I queried this with openreach who replied saying FTTP for new build homes was only free if the estate contained more that 30 properties.
I've gone back to say the new estate contains 79 properties.

Has anyone else had a similar issue i.e. moved into a new build property on a new estate to be told fiber won't be rolled out?

It's so frustrating especially as we're so close to the town with other areas in Wrexham being fiber enabled.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Build Nightmare

Go to solution

The blame is squarely with the developers.

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/property-development.aspx

AJay1990
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
That's a useful link.
I can't get over the fact that if the developers screw it up, we're left with the mess.
I could understand if we were deprioritised but to not even be considered as a future option is infuriating.

Surely this happens all the time?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

No, developers normally register the site, Openreach supply all the ducting etc and supply FTTP. There are only rare delays in full deployment.

0 Ratings