cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apples8t1
Message 1 of 11

New Build Nightmare!

I have been in my new build 2 months and still have no broad band.  Sky cancelled my Internet order and said my address it not registered with open reach and I need to be gold address to order fibre.  BT can offer standard broad band but between 3-7 down speeds.  Pulling my hair out as developer is useless! Does and ORDI need to be done? What can I do to get this sorted! 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Build Nightmare!

as a new build has developer arranged for openreach to install phone lines or if big enough development FTTP

is your home address correct on royal mail database?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Broadband options that show, are not accurate until you have a working phone line. That is the first thing you need to do, whichever provider you choose.

FTTP is different. Is there anything already installed in the property, which looks similar to this?

ont.jpg

apples8t1
Message 4 of 11

Yes that's exactly what I have in my house, thanks Zoe
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

@apples8t1 wrote:
Yes that's exactly what I have in my house, thanks Zoe

Then you need to call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787, and they will sort it out.

Sky cancelled your connection because they do not sell FTTP connections. Only BT Retail, and a handful of others do, but is possible the developer has done an exclusive deal with BT Retail.

0 Ratings
apples8t1
Message 6 of 11

I have called the FTTP team and they said I am not showing and am only shown as silver property. All they can give me is broadband for now but will upgrade me once available. 🙄🙄🙄
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 11

Is the LOS light green on the ONT?

0 Ratings
apples8t1
Message 8 of 11

It's red 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 11

Either the ONT has not been registered with Openreach or the FTTP network in your area has not been completed.

If the developer self installed the ONT then they should register the ONT serial number with Openreach, if Openreach install then the engineer should have registered it.

Whichever happened the developer should have a contact with Openreach to get it sorted for you.

0 Ratings
apples8t1
Message 10 of 11

Thank you
0 Ratings