Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sammundo
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

New Build Property

Hi All,

We have recently purchased a new build property on a completely new private road. I've tried online to get a BT package and on the phone but apparently the speeds are coming back as 0mb to 0mb. Today i received the openreach reference number (im assuming this is the infractuce connection number?).

I've been advised that its fibre optic or whatever as it's the same as the road the new cul de sac has been built off, just wondering if i can provide this reference will the other packages show? (only getting like freeview TV package show)

Or am i literally just stuck with no TV and internet?

Cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: New Build Property

Do you have any openreach equipment already installed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sammundo
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

we have been informed that there is yes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Sound it may be FTTP so you can try 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sammundo
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I've just looked on openreach website, i've got a reference number for our property so im assuming its for our connection? Im not sure but it says this on it atm:

"We’re not quite there yet   The cabinet you're connected to is enabled for fibre, however you're not able to order a service. This might be because you’re too far from the cabinet. "

I've spoken to the building owners (we are good friends of theirs), he advised that someone is living in one of the properties already and has been having issues with BT and they where looking at a box of some sort (assuming this is the cabinet)

Maybe i should try in a few days? we dont move until end of next week.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Unlikely anything will happen until you move in  if you are connected to cab then will be FTTC and the number I  posted is no use

You will need to order phone line first

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Is the developer a major player or a smaller one man band type builder....major players know to approach Openreach ( unless they intend to do an exclusive deal with an alternative network provider ), obviously if the developers doesn’t want to use OR , or doesn’t advise OR of the development , then OR infrastructure isn’t going to be present, and if OR is asked late in the process to provide ‘network’ then the availability may well be after the property has been handed over to the purchasers.

OR gave a commitment that developments of 30 property’s ( that AFAIK was revised to 6 property’s or more) could have FTTP at no cost to the developer , but obviously the developer needs to contact OR early enough in the process , so that the infrastructure can be built to be ready for the developers customers as they move into these property’s .
Has the developer notified OR , and as already mentioned has any OR equipment been installed , ready to be authenticated when service is needed ( assuming it’s FTTP ).

Are the addresses registered with the Post Office , if not then searching for the address on any online type ordering portal isn’t likely to find a match 

0 Ratings
Sammundo
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

We've been informed OR have installed at the property. we've been given some connection reference number, not sure what this is im going to ring OR tomorrow to see what it means.

There is someone living in another property already and they have BT? i think they had a couple issues but BT where looking into it at the connection box? i assume this is the cabinet thats been mentioned?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

If it is FTTP then that connection does not come from the cabinet but FTTC does 

anything like this currently fitted in your property

Fttp setup.jpg

0 Ratings