Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
brad_face
Message 1 of 30

New Build

Go to solution

Hi,

Hope someone is able to provide assistance. I've moved into a new build property on Barratt Homes development estate. 

How do I get FTTH broadband and phone line set up. I've been informed we have FTTH on the estate and everything is installed by Barratt Homes, Openreach just needs to do their final part. 

I've tried speaking to BT over the phone but they have been uttertly useless..... thinking we don't have any cables installed. We have people using BT on the development estate and the cables are installed in the ground and feeding into my house. I have the BT box outside my house under the ground. 

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 30

Re: New Build

Go to solution
Do you have an Openreach ONT white box installed in your home?

Can you use the address checker on this site (not the postcode checker) http://dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot of the results?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
brad_face
Message 3 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks for replying. 

We don't have a white box installed. Barratt Homes have told us to contact you to get the rest sorted as they have done the cabling part to the house. 

The DSLchecker doesn't work for my postcode. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 30

Go to solution
This is how it should work.

Barrat have asked Openreach to install FTTP to the estate. As part of that, Openreach should install the fibre to the home, and install the ONT.

It's only when this has been done and the ONT serial number registered within Openreach's database, that the service will become available to order.

You will not be able to order service until the ONT is installed.

Have you spoke to any neighbours who have the service working to find out how it was for them?

I suggest you speak with Barrats, as they will have a contact within the Openreach newsites team who should be able to arrange having the correct kit installed.

ISP's such as BT will only be able to order the service for you when the Openreach systems tell them it's available. If it doesn't then they have no way of ordering.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
brad_face
Message 5 of 30

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your explanation. Can't believe Barratt just can't hold their hands up and say yes its us causing the problem. Getting fed up going back and forwards haha. 

I will chase Barratt up now but thank you for clarifying. 

0 Ratings
rjdallaway
Beginner
Message 6 of 30

Go to solution

IM having the same issues, moved on to a new estate and strangely its David Wilson Homes which is otherwise known as Barratt, got all the kit installed but still cant get anyone to accept responsibility to get it sorted. Developer blames Openreach Openreach blames the developer.

0 Ratings
brad_face
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution

Yep... I forced Barratt to install the ONT modem box last week. Openreach said the flashing green light would only last up to 3 days but its been over a week now. BT have no knowledgement of the installation either yet. 

All of this is becoming frustrating.....

Just have to keep on nagging at everyone to nudge something forward! 

0 Ratings
rjdallaway
Beginner
Message 8 of 30

Go to solution
The Openreach kit despite asking numerous times leading to completion was only installed on the day we moved in. Green flashing light for two weeks now no change, was told by Sky that Openreach only update their database once a month on 24th but since been told the installation is supposed to be registered within a day. The developer has been next to useless and with no contact available at Openreach stuck between a rock and a hard place.
0 Ratings
brad_face
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution

Extremtly frustrating. Don't understand why they want to make it so difficult. 

With Barratt they have offered to give us a dongle and they will pay for it, worth to ask David Wilson if they offer this service? I haven't gone with a dongle yet as I haven't moved into my house due to many defects... ha. 

I would just keep on ringing the developer customer service and openreach to nag. They will get fed up hearing from you and actually do the work then 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution
'The Openreach kit despite asking numerous times leading to completion was only installed on the day we moved in. Green flashing light for two weeks now no change, was told by Sky that Openreach only update their database once a month on 24th but since been told the installation is supposed to be registered within a day. The developer has been next to useless and with no contact available at Openreach stuck between a rock and a hard place.'

If you have Openreach FTTP you won't be getting Sky. They won't resell Openreach FTTP.

If all you've got is FTTP then you've got a choice of BT Retail, ZEN or Andrews and Arnold.

That's for Residential Packages, there's more Business ones available.

Plusnet do FTTP but at the moment it's for Trial Customers only.
0 Ratings