Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

New Cabinet FTTC ADSL checker shows me on 2 cabinets

Yesterday our new fibre enabled cabinet went live (cabinet 14 Kemnay) and now all our neighbours are able to place an order, apart from me.

The BT ADSL checker shows me on cabinet 11 when I search my phone number and cabinet 14 when I do the full address search. We are a rural dead end road and even the one house that also runs off the pole in my drive, who is further away than me, can place an order. There is little sense to this other than human error or oversight. How can I resolve this so I can place an order?

Hoping the mods can help, as I saw a similar thread resolved before.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: New Cabinet FTTC ADSL checker shows me on 2 cabinets

Its the cab 11 result that would be right, as that take the actual routing of your line, from the routing records. Its not unusual for cables to run to different cabinets, especially in rural areas where there is little spare capacity.

Just because you are on the same pole, it does not mean you are on the same cabinet.

When you said your neighbour could place an order, did you use their phone number in the checker, or their address?

0 Ratings
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Hi,
I've checked both number and address for the neighbour who is last on the line and both say cabinet 14 and BT confirm that I'm the only property showing as copper on their systems.

Why would someone decide to leave the second last property on the old cabinet?! Especially as it has said fibre TBC on the ADSL checker for months. The last on the line runs off the same pole as me... the pole that is in my garden and is further away distance wise. Surely a database or human error?
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 4 of 20

Why not post the results of the phone check for each propoerty.  Delete the phone number before posting

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Hi @Millerp82

Welcome and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the mix up with the availability checker.  You can contact Openreach directly about fibre availability for your address.  Use this link >> Fibre availability <<

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Ok, so this is my results for address and phone:

mt address.jpgmy number.jpgAnd this is the neighbours:

stac add1.jpgStac number1.jpg

0 Ratings
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Robbie,

See ADSL screenshots that I've posted just now.  I've contacted Openreach through BT support but they are relaying every non logical reason under the sun, from you can go on the wait list, to I'm too far away from the cabinet.  They aren't looking at the full picture.  We are rural and the house further away than me that runs off the same pole as me can place an order, but hasn't, so the cabinet isn't full and it's not infrastructure related. It has to be either database or human error somewhere, surely. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

from the dslchecker results if using phone number on cab 11 shows no FTTC available but even better you have FTTP available  try phoning FTTP team on 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

That option has been exhausted months ago.  Purely looking at the cabinet routing issues here. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 20

@imjolly wrote:

from the dslchecker results if using phone number on cab 11 shows no FTTC available but even better you have FTTP available  try phoning FTTP team on 08005874787

Cab 11 shows FTTPoD.

0 Ratings