Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 11 of 20

Re: New Cabinet FTTC ADSL checker shows me on 2 cabinets

@pippincpwrote:

@imjollywrote:

from the dslchecker results if using phone number on cab 11 shows no FTTC available but even better you have FTTP available  try phoning FTTP team on 08005874787

Cab 11 shows FTTPoD.

I don't have a spare 20k for the install. Not interested in that point at all. Just why am I showing as 11 for the number and 14 for the address.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

@Millerp82 wrote:

@pippincpwrote:

@imjollywrote:

from the dslchecker results if using phone number on cab 11 shows no FTTC available but even better you have FTTP available  try phoning FTTP team on 08005874787

Cab 11 shows FTTPoD.

I don't have a spare 20k for the install. Not interested in that point at all. Just why am I showing as 11 for the number and 14 for the address.

The phone number is the most accurate, as that shows the actual routing  specific to your existing BT Retail connection.

The address checker can be used by anyone, including  people without any existing connection, and is no more accurate than the postcode checker.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 20

The FTTPoD comment was for @imjolly as he had misread the checker result.

There does not appear to be a database error as your line was tested only last month. Like it or not you are routed via cab 11.

0 Ratings
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 14 of 20

@pippincpwrote:

There does not appear to be a database error as your line was tested only last month. Like it or not you are routed via cab 11.

I appreciate that "the computer says", but where's the logic that they've left 1 property off cab 14? One property that shares the same pole as a property further away from the cabinet. Survey error perhaps? Whatever the reason... How do I get this changed? Order a second line a hope they go to the nearest cabinet? Cab 14 is a new cabinet, that halves the distance from the road to cabinet 11. It's sole purpose was to serve our road with fibre, so why leave 1 house off it? Surely it's a mistake.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

@pippincp wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

Cab 11 shows FTTPoD.

just been to specsavers as wellSmiley Very Happy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 16 of 20

@Millerp82 wrote:

@pippincpwrote:

I appreciate that "the computer says", but where's the logic that they've left 1 property off cab 14? One property that shares the same pole as a property further away from the cabinet. Survey error perhaps? Whatever the reason... How do I get this changed? Order a second line a hope they go to the nearest cabinet? Cab 14 is a new cabinet, that halves the distance from the road to cabinet 11. It's sole purpose was to serve our road with fibre, so why leave 1 house off it? Surely it's a mistake.

It is not a matter of "computer says" or survey error. Your line was tested last month via cab 11. It is possilble that your property was supplied with a line before cab 14 existed. I don't know. Have you contacted Openreach via the link given to you by @RobbieMac?

0 Ratings
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 17 of 20

We were all supplied before cabinet 14... It's a new cabinet. We all came off cabinet 11 and were advised by openreach that this would be our new cabinet on numerous occasions throughout council updates,  digital scotland uodates and even community fibre, which was stopped because of the cabinet 14 project. On the openreach website both my number and address say I'm cabinet 14, but on BT ADSL my number is showing as 11 (as per previous post). I've put in a request to openreach and not heard back. But any contact made to them via BT has proved entirely fruitless (if you see my response to Robbie, you can see the misinformation we are being given) so it feels like I'm going round in circles and no one can tell me anything.  

Mistakes happen, but it seems that no one will actually look into it.  A Google search brought me here as someone had a similar situation and I saw that the moderator was able to get in touch with openreach and resolve the database or routing issue and all was great thereafter. So this was my last hope.

@pippincpwrote:

@Millerp82wrote:

@pippincpwrote:

It is not a matter of "computer says" or survey error. Your line was tested last month via cab 11. It is possilble that your property was supplied with a line before cab 14 existed. I don't know. Have you contacted Openreach via the link given to you by @RobbieMac?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 18 of 20

Have you contacted Superfastscotland to ask what's happening and why you appear to have been left out? They would raise it directly with Openreach for you.

0 Ratings
Millerp82
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

@pippincpwrote:

Have you contacted Superfastscotland to ask what's happening and why you appear to have been left out? They would raise it directly with Openreach for you.

I've put an email to them and the Infrastructure chap at the council, so hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow from them. 

I've also requested an engineer at my own cost from BT, so hopefully I'll get some answers tomorrow.  I have a sickening feeling that it's not going to be a quick fix. But my main fear is that I miss out on the FTTP that is in scope due to this error and I'll be on 1.2mbps, surrounded by 1gb neighbours.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 20 of 20

Doubt you'll miss out on FTTP as it's not supplied via a cab. I'd cancel the engineer as he won't be able to do anything so the money will be wasted.

0 Ratings