Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WorriedParent
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

New Cabinet

Go to solution

Good afternoon,

I'm on BT Infinity (FTTC) with a speed of "up to 52Mb/s" although in practise it never gets into double figures as I'm a long way from our nearest cabinet.

I'm pleased to see that BT have sought planning permission for a new cabinet just a couple of hundred yards down the road.

I assume I'll be connected to it, and look forward to much faster speeds, but is there any chance it will be for new customers only?

Any way of finding out, please?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: New Cabinet

Go to solution

No way of finding out at all I'm afraid. It will be in the hands of Openreach what network re-arrangemnet (if any) is carried out.

0 Ratings
WorriedParent
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

That's a shame.

Guess I'll have to be patient!

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

If and I stress if the new cabinet is and infill one then transfer will take place automtically. It is not an easy job and can and does take months to complete.

Openreach have started to do this as part of their policy to bring a minimum of 24Mbps to all.

Added to that they are pushing out G.Fast and more FTTP (marketed by BT as Ultrafast) deeper into the network to increase speeds for all.

0 Ratings
WorriedParent
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for your interest.

I live in a very rural area, so I suspect Ultrafast is a long way off !

The new cabinet is actually replacing a Public Phonebox (equipment removed some time ago) which seems an excellent plan, as

BT already own the land (about 1 square metre!) and there's a mains supply and an existing underground cable duct to the exchange.

0 Ratings
WorriedParent
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Well, the new cabinet at the end of the lane was installed about a month ago but my speed is now even worse!

How do I know if they've swapped me to it or am I still on the original cabinet and the slowdown is coincidental?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

oif the cabinet was only put in place a month ago I would be surprised if it is actually connected and if so if you have been moved

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WorriedParent
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Many thanks.

I wish my Broadband was as fast as your super-quick reply!

Your link shows I'm on Cabinet 17, which I assume is the new one, since I know I was on Cabinet 1 for the past couple of years.

If you need to see the whole table, I'm afraid you'll have to explain how to display it on the forum, as I'm not very good with computers...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

here is a forum help   https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WorriedParent
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Sorry, but I'm a pensioner and that's way over my head!

If you really need to see the table, I'll type in the figure(s) that you need.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings