cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

New Customer from Plusnet - Stuck on the wrong IP Profile?

Good afternoon all.

I'm new to BT as of a couple of days ago after moving from Plusnet, since moving we're unfortunately not receiving the same speeds we used to get.

I have attached some screenshots below which I believe shows we're on the wrong line profile for the Fibre 2 package that I signed up for.

btforum3.png

btforum1.pngbtforum2.png

As you can see from the Smart Hub 2 and the 'Observed Speeds' back on the 08/10/2020 when we were with Plusnet... something isn't quite right!

Please can someone advise me where I should go from here.

(Edited for Extra Info)

Smart Hub 2 is plugged into a Openreach MK3 VDSL faceplate, the phone also connects directly to this, no extension wiring exists to cause a Bridge Tap.

We're 550mtrs from the FTTC Cabinet, I've walked the line and measured via Google Earth.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: New Customer from Plusnet - Stuck on the wrong IP Profile?

Possibly just waiting for G.INP kicking in, takes up to 10 days and should give a speed boost.

Message 3 of 17

I agree you are on fibre 1 not 2  check MYBT to make sure it shows your package as Fibre 2 and if so then phone 150 and get it changed

this is just a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 17

@pippincp  Fingers crossed I guess! 

@imjolly I've checked our account and it shows this

btforum4.png

It's like the system is capping us to those artificial speeds because that's all it thinks we can get at this point.

Our line has a Bridge Tap on it which has ruined the upload since we first signed up to FTTC years ago, this Bridge Tap has to be external as the phone joins the VDSL faceplate!

Back when we had Plusnet I used a Huawei HG612B (matched to our Huawei FTTC cab) with the Hub One fed via the WAN port, this HG612B was unlocked and the tones on the line stats showed a bridge tap (according to the smart members of the ThinkBroadband Forum).

I'm now using the Smart Hub 2 which has actually managed to sync us with a slightly better upload to my surprise, maybe the technology has improved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@pippincp wrote:

Possibly just waiting for G.INP kicking in, takes up to 10 days and should give a speed boost.

profile up is only 10mb so fibre 1 not 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 17

@imjolly  The max upload also shows less than 10Mb and the max observed speed in the DSL checker.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

@pippincp wrote:

@imjolly  The max upload also shows less than 10Mb and the max observed speed in the DSL checker.

I see that but if on fibre 2 the up profile would be 20mb regardless of speed but the profile here only shows 10mb so fibre1

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Thank you both for your help and input so far.

I have spoken to support and live chat and both have fobbed me off as they say I'm getting the minimum guaranteed speeds that I've been quoted for this connection.

Honestly I'm testing my hair out here, are there any mods on here who also double up as support for BT? I'd love their input too.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

as you have tried CS and got nowhere I have asked mods to see if they can help you  they are busy so could take a few days to contact you

Message 10 of 17

@imjolly You're a star, greatly appreciated. I'll keep you posted with an outcome hopefully.

Thank you once again.

0 Ratings