cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 31

Re: New FTTP Install

Currently you have to have a phone service with your FTTP, AFAIK, you have a choice, you can keep your telephony over the copper pair, or have a voice over fibre type service, if the copper telephone service is retained they may well recover your existing dropwire and the fibre dropwire also has a copper pair built into it, and the service moved into that , so visually no real change ,in the future there probably will be a choice to have have telephony or not, but not yet.
0 Ratings
Steve-78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Thanks to all of you for your help however it seems as if I’ve now hit a new problem!

An Openreach engineer visited my property today ahead of scheduled install next Monday, this apparently was to assess the job before next week. All fine & well until he declared that I apparently can’t get FTTP. He never elaborated much beyond that so I’ve no idea at the moment what exactly the problem is!!

Phoned BT this afternoon to explain the situation & according to them (& bt dsl checker) FTTP IS available & Ive also had confirmation via email from someone in Openreach Infrastructure Solutions dept that the FTTP network is in place for my property however as mentioned above the engineer says different, several surrounding streets/properties are apparently set up for it but not mine.

Awaiting a callback later this evening from customer services to see if they can shed any more light on the situation but if anyone has any thoughts on what might be the issue meantime I’d love to hear them. 

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 13 of 31

Pity you didn'task him to explain why. They are normally reasonably forthcoming with information.

0 Ratings
Steve-78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

@pippincp Had I been home I would’ve but unfortunately he turned up unexpectedly when I was at work & my partner phoned to say he’d been & said it couldn’t be installed so would have to cancel the order with BT. 

Does FTTP have capacity issues in the same way FTTC does by any chance? Maybe clutching at straws but wondering if that’s the issue? 

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 15 of 31

No, it won't be that. Hopefully the FTTP team will get back to you and sort it out.

0 Ratings
Steve-78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Thanks. Appreciate it’s probably a stupid question but couldn’t think of any other reason if the FTTP network is in place as has been claimed.

Is there anything on the dsl checker that would indicate what might be the problem? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 17 of 31

@Steve-78 wrote:

Thanks. Appreciate it’s probably a stupid question but couldn’t think of any other reason if the FTTP network is in place as has been claimed.

Is there anything on the dsl checker that would indicate what might be the problem? 

I don't know, you haven't posted the DSL checker result for your line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 31

@Steve-78 wrote:

Does FTTP have capacity issues in the same way FTTC does by any chance? Maybe clutching at straws but wondering if that’s the issue? 

Yes, it could be that the CBT has no spare fibres or the splitter node is at capacity.

0 Ratings
Steve-78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 31

8AB658FC-D8C3-4F71-AF53-5CAF70AEC04E.jpeg

DSL checker results for my line.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 31

Looks like there could be trees in the way of the span from the pole to your house.

0 Ratings