cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New FTTP fibre 2 installation and still no internet

Hi, I need some help please how to get this sorted.

I ordered FTTP fibre 2 on the 19th June and was given an installation date of 15th July.

The engineer came on the 15th and installed new phone line, modem and smart hub 2 but when all was plugged in he said there was a fault and would require someone else to fix it.

TalkTalk ended my services on this day, so as from 15th of July I have been left with no internet at all.

I have raised a complaint with BT who advised that openreach had found a fault and that it would be resolved by 24th July.

It is now the 27th of July and still have no internet other than data that I have had to purchase for my mobile phone.

I have spoke to BT multiple times now but feel that I am getting nowhere. No details of what work is being done to resolve the issue and no completion date.

I just want my FTTP connection that I ordered way back in June 😞

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New FTTP fibre 2 installation and still no internet

phone the FTTP team on 08005874787 who should be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the number.

I have spoke to them and they contacted openreach.

They said openreach could not give them any details at the moment but I will get a call back on Thursday with an update from openreach.

In the meantime they have said they are sending a standard router out to me so I can at least access the internet via the copper phone line while waiting on openreach.

So still not getting the service I ordered yet but at least I will have some sort of connection even if it is only 3mb...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Zoe from BT phoned me today, still no update when the fault will be fixed.

I asked what the fault was and how long it would take to fix. She didn't know what the fault was or how long it would take to fix.

She said it could take a week or it could take 3 months!

She said they would phone me again on Tuesday, but this is all that happens. No information and we will phone again next week.

Then I was asked if I was happy for them to close my complaint. Why would I want my complaint closed when it is not resolved?

How can I find out what the issue is and an estimate how long it will take?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

If you are getting FTTP , but have access to copper pair broadband, what did the engineer say and do on the visit you had, FTTP needs an ONT , did you get one of those installed, one of the lights on it should say PON, is that light lit ?.
You say they installed a new phone line , presumably this is the ‘fibre’ itself as you already had a phone line delivering your TT service.
It sounds as though , for whatever reason there is a problem with the FTTP network, so it seems odd that the FTTP team don’t know what the issue is and are having to wait for OR to tell them, but as the FTTP team you call are (presumably BT Consumer ) perhaps they cannot just call OR as that may give them an advantage over other FTTP providers that cannot just ring OR if they have an enquiry 
Are any of your close neighbours on FTTP , ? Or are you the first to order it in your location ?

Message 6 of 8

Hi, thanks for the reply.

FTTP has only just been made available in my road. I signed up to openreach to let me know when it was available. Not sure if anyone else has asked to have it installed yet but my neighbour was considering it.

The engineer fitted the fibre line which goes through the wall into a small white box with four green lights on it. Engineer said this was a modem. Then red cable comes from this into BT smart Hub router.

Not sure which lights are on as I am out at the moment but I'm sure the second from the right is flashing all the time. The engineer said it should be on solid.

I will check when home in an hour

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Ok so the white openreach box has five green lights not four. PORT1 is green, PON is flashing green, power is green.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

So it is now 6th August and still no fibre to the premises. BT advises me that my complaint has been escalated to level 2 within Openreach.

Openreach have asked BT to review this with them on 20th August, so this sounds to me like I will still be without my FTTP for at least another couple of weeks and possible longer 😫

0 Ratings