cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FatManc
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

New Fibre Connection dropping as soon as I try to download anything using full bandwidth

Hi all,

I got upgraded to Fibre on Tuesday of this week and am seeing constant disconnects when trying to run speedtests or download large files.

If I leave the connection alone and don't try and use the full bandwidth, it appears to be OK but as soon as I try to "hammer it" then it disconnects the connection and then reconnects. The router itself doesn't reboot.

I've got a HH6 and have already spoken to BT Tech Support about this. They've refreshed my line and asked me to monitor for 48 hours but I'm not convinced it'll work.

Has anyone else seen issues like this? I know I'm supposed to wait for 10 days after a new connection but I can replicate this fault at will at the moment. The help desk person said it shouldn't be disconnecting like this or as often.

I'm guessing I'm going to need an engineer visit but wanted to reach out to anyone else who has seen this.

My connection is currently plugged in to the master socket, which is the new 5c Mark 4 type with the filter already built in.

Thanks in advance

John

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Fibre Connection dropping as soon as I try to download anything using full bandwidth

post router stats  advanced settings then technical log information

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
FatManc
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Fibre Connection dropping as soon as I try to download anything using full bandwidth

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

Quiet test is fine on a corded phone - no noise.

Router stats below.

Thanks

John

Product name:
BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

Firmware version:
SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:
21-Apr-2018

Board version:

Gui version: