cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoannaHammond
Contributor
Message 1 of 74

New Fibre Install, Inconsistant Achievable Speeds.

Go to solution

Firstly, I will state that I am still in the 10 Day activation period.  But, the sync rates have been stable for 3 days with acceptable SNR, etc.  But what I can actually achieve speed wise is a fraction of what the line is capable of.

Data rate:9.995 Mbps / 51.207 Mbps
Maximum data rate:13.128 Mbps / 58.228 Mbps
Noise margin:6.7 / 5.8
Line attenuation:20.3 / 18.3
Signal attenuation:20.1 / 17.7

The real and most concerning issue is the actual data rates of a physical connection to the router from a pc.

The following tests where done at 4am, 5am and 7am to try to avoid any potential congestion issues.

bt-test-08-10-2018--07-40.jpgbt-test-08-10-2018--05-44.jpgbt-test-08-10-2018--04-35.jpg

Some of the other tests I have done I did not store, but in those I had speeds that dropped below the ADSL speed that I moved from (13mbit) , which is rather crazy.

The maximum speed it has ever achieved was 36 down, 9 up.  This download would still be far below spec.

Another thing that I find very strange is that if I use the BT Troubleshooting and Speed Testing it reports 47.4Mbit!  No other test even comes close to this value, not even the wholesale tests.  The above tests are basically a computer plugged into the HH6 router via a physical connection, the discrepency is crazy.

Any ideas?  I can't really see the "10 Day Activation Period" solving these issues as the sync rate has stabilised nicely with the max rate actually being higher that I was told I would get (54.)

Finally, the DSL Check in case is required.

DSL-CHECK.jpg

0 Ratings
73 REPLIES 73
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 74

Re: New Fibre Install, Inconsistant Achievable Speeds.

Go to solution

are you using the mastre socket or an extension socket to conenct hub?

have you tried using the test socket with a filter even if you current have a filtered master socket and see if that improves stats and speed

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silenet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JoannaHammond
Contributor
Message 3 of 74

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's plugged into the Master Socket.  Already tried 17070 / 2, it's quiet.  Had an engineer out as they had managed to disconnect my phone after installing the broadband.  Let's just say some wires where not correctly terminated.  During that period I had a poor quality broadband and no phone.

So, once that was fixed my max and sync rates jumped up to where they are supposed to be and the phone works again 😄   So all the line checks where done when the engineer was here.

I just did another 17070/2 and it's still a nice quiet line.

So I am syncing at a speed I would expect, I'm just not getting anything near that rate when it's in use or tested.

0 Ratings
JoannaHammond
Contributor
Message 4 of 74

Go to solution

Also just ran another wholesale test to make sure what is happening is still consistent:

bt-test-08-10-2018--09-34.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 74

Go to solution

the reason I asked you to try test socket is your attainable seems low compared to the dslchecker results.  I appreciate that your actual is about the superfast max of 55mb but that is restricted whereas the attainable should show line capability

which exchange and cab are you on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JoannaHammond
Contributor
Message 6 of 74

Go to solution

Thanks,

I'm on Exchange EAST BAY , Cabinet 19.

I was told to expect no more that 54-55 hence me being ok that it was basically looking like that.

0 Ratings
JoannaHammond
Contributor
Message 7 of 74

Go to solution

Sorry, didn't read the test socket bit..

Values for test socket tests....  

Data rate:9.995 Mbps / 55 Mbps
Maximum data rate:19.183 Mbps / 71.726 Mbps
Noise margin:12.2 / 7.7
Line attenuation:17.3 / 16.4
Signal attenuation:17.2 / 16.4

Yep, there is a spur comming off the faceplate.

As for test results on the test socket:

I retested and got downspeeds of 20Mbps ...  Can't show the picture as when I try to generate that bit it returns "The Tap1 test was not conclusive for your broadband connection."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 74

Go to solution

there is a problem with your faceplate or wiring - look at the improvement in your router stats

0 Ratings
JoannaHammond
Contributor
Message 9 of 74

Go to solution

I can see that, but not really an issue as the sync rate with the spurs comming off still hits the max rate I can get (regarding the package I have at least.)

My real concern is that no matter how it is connected the avg max throughput I get on any test is 20Mbps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 74

Go to solution

hopefully the download will improve not your conenction is better  there is obviously a fault with faceplate or your internal wiring that was causing a problem for your broadband connection

are you still using ethernet to check btspeedtester?  have you checked there is nothing else running on the network - a backup, windows update etc

0 Ratings