cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New Fibre slower than existing standard Broadband

I've been told by BT that I am being transferred from my standard broadband to a fibre broadband "free of charge".   The email has come through today and the promised down load and upload speeds are actually slower than my standard broadband.  Anyone know if the quoted "maximum" is really a maximum?  If it is, and the speeds really are slower, can I get out of the contract?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Fibre slower than existing standard Broadband

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

If it's a free upgrade there won't actually be any contract. If the speeds quoted are the best it'll just be a case of cancelling the upgrade so if you can post the previous info as advised you'll get some advice

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

tearle50_0-1592468948242.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

they have told me my new 18 month contract is starting today. I'll just have to keep an eye on the speeds and then start to bother them
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

from dslchecker results it appears you had a 6.8mb connection speed in 1/20 which was well above your expected speed range for adsl. it does not look like you will get that speed on the fibre connection so maybe you should just phone and go back to adsl

you are obviously a long way from your street cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings