Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoofa
Contributor
Message 1 of 77

New Home Hub 5 installed - My profile has been reset too low

Hi,

This is a bit of an urgent one. About a week ago I ordered a HH5 to replace my old HH3 and VDSL modem. The swap over went nice and easy and I'm now up and running.

However my profile appears to have been reset to 40/10 rather than the Infinity 2 80/20 I should be on.

A speed test from 3 weeks ago showed a connection of 74/17 which was nice and acceptable. A test from last night showed 44/8 which is not acceptable for an Infinity 2 connection (especially when compared to what it was).

I've read on at least two forums where people who ordered a HH5 have found their profile reset to Infinity 1 (40/10) speeds.

How do I arrange to have my profile reset to the correct settings and allow my connection to train back to the higher speeds?

My first phone call went badly - I was just told over and over "You are already on the 80/20 package" - which is true, but I'm not on the 80/20 profile!

Help please!

0 Ratings
76 REPLIES 76
craig5320
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 77

Re: New Home Hub 5 installed - My profile has been reset too low

Run the speedtest here: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ once complete do the further diagnostics and find out just what the IP Profile is set to.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 77

This is a known problem that has happened for some people who have bought the HH5 on line. If your Up profile is showing as 10Mbps you are on Infinity 1 if it shows as 20Mbps you are on Infinity 2.

you need to confirm which profile you are on.

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. Once you have done that you will get further help if needed.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Stoofa
Contributor
Message 4 of 77

Hi,

I've just instructed the wife to run the tests. After further diagnostics she tells me the screen says:

IP Profile: Download 47.43mbps, Upload 20.00mbps

The actual speed test showed: Download 46.3mbps, Upload 11.5mbps

So I'm guessing these are rather incorrect for an infinity 2 connection?

*Edit*

Just noticed the post above. My upload profile is indicating 20.00mbps, however the download profile is looking incorrect and compared to the kind of speed I was getting pre HH5 purchase I'm assuming there is still something incorrect here?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 77

The upload 20.00mbps shows you're on Infinity 2
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Stoofa
Contributor
Message 6 of 77

Be that may - the fact still exists that pre HH5 I was seeing a download speed of 74mbps and post HH5 I'm seeing download speeds of 46.3mbps

If this is Infinity 2 - then why is my download profile showing as 47.43mbps?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 77

Probably DLM has limited your speed. Did you power off the modem before replacing it with the HH5?
--
0 Ratings
Stoofa
Contributor
Message 8 of 77

I'll be honest and say I wasn't aware that the modem had a power switch on it (probably did if I'd looked all around) so I expect the power lead was simply pulled out.

What I need to do then is allow the modem to "train" as if this is a new connection and re-establish the fact it can connect at a much, much higher speed. How do we go about doing that?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 77

DLM should restore your speed in two weeks.

--
Stoofa
Contributor
Message 10 of 77

Now I'm more than happy to give you some "white star treatment" but let me just confirm something with you first - for my own sanity.

So something has happened and the whole system now feels that 47mbps is a much safer speed to connect at.

Because my upload profile is reading 20.00mbps this confirms 100% that I am on an Infinity 2 profile.

If I do nothing right now - just continue to use my broadband, make sure the HH5 remains on all the time (as best I can - cannot remember the last time we had a power outage, but never say never) then within the next 2 weeks I will see the speed of my line increase again, without the need for me to do anything?

Is this a standard feature of the Infinity/fibre product? That after a drop we ahve this 2 week wait before it will re-establish a higher connection speed again?

And finally, for my own sanity, if I were to actually speak to somebody who knew exactly what the issue was - would there be anything manually they could do to speed that whole process up?

Ta

0 Ratings