cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

New House Build

Quick question, my friend is moving into a new build, and when trying toi get BT to arrange an install, they are asking her the name of the new site indicator ?

Any idea what they mean.

Many thnaks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: New House Build

Is it a Self Build or Part of a Development?

If it’s a Self Build then you just need to clarify that as the New Sites Indicator is for Developers only.

The first thing your friend needs is an address registered with the Royal Mail. When an order is placed against that address it will highlight it’s never had an phone line installed there before with Openreach which will generate a Line Plant Assesment Survey to see if it can be connected using existing infrastructure, i.e. a near by Telephone Pole or if it’ll need Network Build work being done.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks Starwire,

Sorry it is a developer build, and they are trying to push Fibrenest onto her, told her not too sign up to anyhting at the moment, Persimmon, are giving her no help over the matter at all, just pushing Fibrenest. 

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Some developers are not inviting Openreach into their developments and doing their own network, if this is the case, your friend may have not have the choice to use an Openreach based provider, but have to use whatever the developer offers or use a mobile provider ( EE, O2 etc)
While the developer owns the site ( so until the local council adopts the roads and footpaths) OR have no 'right'  to be on site, as it's the developers private property, after the council adopt the roads etc, OR could install ducts etc, but that would require digging up the roads and paths, and adoption could be a few years after the developer finishes the last property

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

iniltous

Thanks for that information, I will pass it on to her.

Again many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Ah right, as iniltous said it’s most likely Openreach don’t have a Network on Site.

Same situation a friend of mine was in. The Developer on his Estate decided to use another Network Provider and he only has a choice of 4 different CP’s to chose from.

Not quite sure how that works from the USO stand point but I guess it’s all above board.
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 10

@Starwire2000 wrote:
Ah right, as iniltous said it’s most likely Openreach don’t have a Network on Site.

Same situation a friend of mine was in. The Developer on his Estate decided to use another Network Provider and he only has a choice of 4 different CP’s to chose from.

Not quite sure how that works from the USO stand point but I guess it’s all above board.

Once the local Council adopts the estate then the USO comes into effect but that is for phone line only. The USP has nothing to do with broadband, I doubt it ever will.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

You know I remember a few years ago I was at a Training Event and another Engineer was telling me of an Estate where the Developer used another Network Provider.

The residents kicked off as they had a choice of only a few Providers to go with, all apparently over priced and useless.

In the end either then BT or now Openreach came in and to save the hassle and cost of digging up people driveways/gardens they put in Poles.

Didn’t go down well with the Developer apparently.
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

@jeffbwrote:

Thanks Starwire,

Persimmon, are giving her no help over the matter at all, just pushing Fibrenest. 

Thanks again.

Fibrenest is part of the Persimmon Group.

Carefully read the Terms and Conditions

https://fibrenest.com/policies

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Many thanks all, i have passed the information on to my friend, hopefully they can sort something out,
0 Ratings