cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New Hub

Hi.  Three days ago we recieved our new Hub with our 'exclusive free upgrade', to 'Full Fibre 100 with BT Halo 1', guaranteed minimum speed of 100Mbps.  We already had , I thought BT Halo.  Good speed and reasonable coverage around the house and garden.  The upload seeds ranged from 9 to 27 and download speeds from 22-49Mbps depending on where and when I used it and who did the testing--BT test said it was MUCH more than this, (they would as they justify the £40+monthly rental), rival companies said it was MUCH less than this, (they would because they want our business) and Ofcom said it was these numbers.  Now I have a new Hub which in their words is 'Free' as long as we sign up to 2 more years, and 'Super reliable and Ulrafast no matter how many devices you connect.'  My new speeds range from 31 up and 71 down (Ofcom) MUCH lower from the competition and MUCH higher from BT.  My coverage is VERY sketchy, and smart speakers loose connection around the house, this has never happened before.  I do not think I should have to spend £90 for a range extender as this hub should surely be as good as the last.  Nothing else in the building has changed and the sighting of the new hub is the same as the last.  Sooooanyone got any ideas at all about this?  If all else fails a) how do I contact the BT experts by phone and b) should I just return the hub and stay with what we had.  Speed is not my issue although it would be nice to get what we are paying for, it is coverage that is my main concern.

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New Hub

Enter your phone number in the checker and post a screenshot of the result, remember to edit out your number from the screenshot before posting. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

SmartSelect_20200706-143759_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Do you have something like this in your home

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

No this does not look familiar.SmartSelect_20200707-204156_Gallery.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

This is what we have.  Thank you for your time and patience.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

That is an older style ONT for FTTP. You can get fibre to your home with speed up to 1000mb. Phone FTTP team 08005874787 and see what you get offered. You do not have to take the top most expensive package. Just find one that suits you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thank you for your help.  I shall give it a try.

Regards

0 Ratings