cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CallumCoombzy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New Infinity 2 connection getting DSL speeds?

We got BT Infinity 2 installed yesterday and everything was working fine with a consistent download of around 50 and an upload of 20 but it went down so I restarted the router and now we're barely getting 20 down but the upload is fine.

Here are the before and after screenshots using the wireless. They do say wait 3 days for the connection to "stabilise" but the fact is it was working fine and now has gone to poop. An hour ago the connection was slower than my old Home Hub 3's DSL speed of 8 down but again the upload was fine. Anybody had the same issue or should I just wait it out and then call BT if I don't get the same speed?

speed 1.png

speed 2.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Infinity 2 connection getting DSL speeds?

Can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

Was it self install or engineer?  If self are you using the test socket with a filter or do you have SSFP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
CallumCoombzy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

It was an engineer install, I am using the new master socket he fitted. This is what helpdesk says. The speed is really fluctuating.

help desk.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Can you please run the further diagnostics part of the BT speedtest using  a wired connection only and post the results

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

BT will not accept speed problems when wireless speedtests are used due to too many sources of interference
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Your conenction time is only 11min was that due to manual reset or router dropping conenction?  Your conenction speed looks ok with 58/20mb conenction And noise margin about normal 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings