Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillgaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

New Infinity 2 install

Hi all,

Infinity 2 has finally come to our village and I was lured in by the promise of 71-79meg speed (I live opposite the exchange)

From the point of turn on I get no more thsn 40meg (whilst others have reported immediate 79meg speeds). Also, each morning I awake to the orange power light flashing (no other lights), which doesn't appear in the manual (it only seems to show solid ornage as "a problem/fault").

I know there is the obligatory 10 day startup time but, from looking into things, I would expect to start fast and have the exchange dial back the speed as necessary, not start slow and increase (which it hasn't anyway)

Anyone have any ideas or experience of this?

Cheers,

Gary

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: New Infinity 2 install

Go to the following link and post the results here: make sure to remove phone number from results page when posting them here: http://dslchecker.bt.com

Also go to the following link and run the first test: when that first test completes, run "further diagnostics" and post the results of the second test: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com
jillgaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Thanks for the quick reply.

OK, test performed as you requested (with HH5 plugged into master socket and hardwired connection). The first results show numbers I was promised by BT but the reality is very poor in comparison

dsl-checker-result.JPGbtwholesale-results.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

Carry out the diagnostic test after you have run the speed test and as you will probably  have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
jillgaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

HH5-stats.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

which cabinet and exchange are you on?  distance from the exchange does not count for fibre it is distance from the street cabinet.  if you are that close to the exchange did openreach erect a new cab outside the exchange?

there is certainly something wrong comparing your stats to the checker results as stats only show attainable of 44mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jillgaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Lochwinnoch, Cabinet 5 (although I do not know where this is)?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

from checking it says Burnfoot Road about 200m from exchnage

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 25

was this a self install?  if so can you use the test socket with a new filter and post router stats to see if any improvement

if just the same then you need to phone customer services and complain that your conenction speed is nowhere near your estimated speed and you need and engineer visit to fix it 

jillgaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

My master socket doen't even have a test socket...i think it's what they call a type B (single, standard phone connection)

0 Ratings