cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 25

Re: New Infinity 2 install

if you now have a SSFP MK3 then your could connect the extension to the 2 terminals shown by the yellow arrow and then use a filter - that should be ok but make drop a bit in speed

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jillgaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Will stick head up in the loft and check.

Is the BT 600 WIfi extender any good? Thinking of plugging the HH5 into the new natser socket and installing the BT 600 downstairs. I seem to recell that a lot of these extenders effectively half the speed of kit connecting through it. Also, is ti compatible with TP-Link devices as I have 3 in the house?

Dual-Band-WiFi-Ext-01[1].jpg

0 Ratings
jillgaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Really unhappy. Where I am forced to have the HH5, reception throughout all the areas of the house we need it is **bleep** awful. Dropouts all the time and only one of my chromecasts is working.

I have read elsewhere that the master socket could have been moved up to 30m by the engineer but he never mentioned that once. Is this correct? My personal issue is that I have MS and am not capable of doing the work that would be necessary to install the extension mentioned above (I suspect)

Cheers in advance,

Gary

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 25

It would have been possible to swap your extension socket for the master but only  if you had an openreach engineer and not a contractor. Contractors are basically in, connected and away

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 25

@jillgaz wrote:

Really unhappy. Where I am forced to have the HH5, reception throughout all the areas of the house we need it is **bleep** awful. Dropouts all the time and only one of my chromecasts is working.

I have read elsewhere that the master socket could have been moved up to 30m by the engineer but he never mentioned that once. Is this correct? My personal issue is that I have MS and am not capable of doing the work that would be necessary to install the extension mentioned above (I suspect)

Cheers in advance,

Gary

It is probably too late now to get Openreach to move the master socket. If you look through your local paper I'm sure there will be somebody advertising this type of work for a reasonable price.

0 Ratings