cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuWolfy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

New Infinity 2 line slower than previous supplier

Just had infinity 2 line activated , upto 72Mb one. Says that I can support a min of 52Mb on my line.

My previous supplier was a lower package at a steady 30-35Mb via Openreach box with no problems so thought id go faster. Switched on and I now get 15-20Mb directly via the HomeHub.

Went thro the usual checks, reboot/reset router, master socket etc and now I need to have an engineer come out.

Anyone else have this before? Not sure I understand why If I was getting 35Mb the day before the max I am getting once BT took the line over the following day it has been reduced so much on a faster package.

TIA

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Infinity 2 line slower than previous supplier

Could you post a picture from the technical log in the router settings page?

Should give an idea what’s going on.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DuWolfy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Speed.jpg

0 Ratings
DuWolfy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

These?

Product name:

BT Hub 6A
Serial number:

xxxxxx

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522
Firmware updated:

28-Feb-2018
Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 2 Hours 31 Minutes 19 Seconds
Data rate:

12.51 Mbps / 30.45 Mbps
Maximum data rate:

12752 / 31189
Noise margin:

6.2 dB / 6.1 dB
Line attenuation:

17.2 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:

0/38
Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:

Fast Path
Data sent / received:

4284 MB Uploaded / 12399 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:

Not active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-QXC3
2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)
5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-QXC3
5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:

Mode 1
Firewall:

On
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Openreach won't help for first 10 days then I think you need to get engineer as your speed is way below estimated speed should be free on early life failure

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DuWolfy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Cheers, the line was a new one installed a couple of years ago when they had the free connection offer as I wanted it in the living room not hallway and strange how using the Openreach box gave me a 15Mb increase on what I'm getting now.
The Woman on the live chat had organized an engineer to come out on Monday so fingers crossed or i'll be returning to my previous supplier ... Thanks again
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@DuWolfy Post back and let us know how the engineer visit goes on Monday. 

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

0 Ratings
DuWolfy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Thanks conrad for taking the time to look for that previous thread I had forgotten about but if you check the date you will see it was 2 years ago on

on ‎03-02-2016 13h28

when I was suddenly getting drops in speed. An engineer visit solved the issue back then by putting me on another breaker. After 12 months my introductory offer had finished so moved to another supplier on a lower packack and am now returning as the higher package is at a reasonable price since my old supplier introductory offer has again ended.

Thanks again for your interest and will keep you updated after the engineer visit on Monday in order to help somone else with a similar issue.

0 Ratings