cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuicyFruit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

New Infinity Connection - No DLM 'training' ?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've had BT Infinity for 2 weeks now and since then the connection has been solid and I've had no dropouts or adjustments in speed. I'm not complaining about my speed as such however I was expecting a few dropouts and changes in speed as I've had with other providers in the past. Is this a normal occurence do you think?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: New Infinity Connection - No DLM 'training' ?

Go to solution

That is not always the case, if the line is stable and the error rate is low. I would just leave things as they are.

0 Ratings
JuicyFruit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, and yes, the speed is fine and in line with what can be expected with the noise margin, so hopefully it stays that way 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

index.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
DLM doesn't do anything unless it detects a problem.

This guff about it testing a line at different speeds is just that.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
MrBelter
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Webby wrote:
DLM doesn't do anything unless it detects a problem.

This guff about it testing a line at different speeds is just that.

Its not guff, its not just for a different product not FTTC.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Actually it is guff.

The 10 day myth actually arose from the inital 10 days in which BT Wholesale use to calculate a maximum stable rate and a fault threshold rate for ADSLx services. This was then twisted into people thinking DLM messes around with noise margins etc to find the best speed during those 10 days, which just isn't true.

DLM behaves the same on day 1 as it does on day 1001 of a circuits life. It will only make changes if the line is not stable and/or a large numger of errors occur that would cause issues with data transmission.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I agree it is guff about the ten day training period.

Any adjustments to your line will be made within the first two days after the line has been installed and thereafter only if DLM finds a problem. 

See link for an explanation about DLM

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

0 Ratings