cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thirl88
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

New Infinity (HH6) dropping connection

Following an earlier thread where I asked about speed problems with my newly activated Infinity (which turned ot to be  internal wiring problems), I've had some inside wiring changed by a pro (non BT) telecoms man and I'm now flying along... relatively.

Infinity has been activated for just 6 days and I have read a lot on these forums about the first 10 days being important.

I'm seeing my HH6 dropping and reconnecting to the Internet on average twice a day. It is always a very brief drop to orange and back to blue within about 10 seconds or so. This is not a problem and sometimes I only know it’s happened because I check the hub's status/log. Is it normal for these disconnects to keep happening during the first 10 days and will they eventually stop? Or is this a sign of a problem which is likely to persist in the long term?

Also, I was warned in a thread not to keep resetting the hub as BT may see this as a line fault and lower the speed. Is a short disconnect/reconnect regarded as a "reset" or does reset literally mean switching the hub off and on / rebooting it via the button the back? Will BT see these reconnects and assume there is a fault?

I previously had ADSL on the same line and only ever saw a drop/reconnect two or three times per year.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: New Infinity (HH6) dropping connection

any drop in your internet connection is a reset whether hub is switched off or not

I wouldn't expect the hub to be constantly dropping connection twice a day.  check your phone line - dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

post stats from your hh6  advanced settings then technical log admin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings