Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fukaeri
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

New Inifinity 2 customer nightmare speed and support

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I am quite desperate and not sure what to do.

I joined BT on the 2nd of Jan moving away from SKY in the last couple of weeks I have been having major issues with the connection speed.

The connection randomly drops to 1.4mbps down and 1.6mbps up and stays like that until I reset the home hub 5. This on both wired and wireless connection. If I reset the router it comes back to 70/16 but then after a bit (few hours) drops again.

I have called the customer service 5 times in the last 5 days (each one spending more than half an hour talking to them on the line). They have been unable to sort out the issue, what they do is make me reset the router and then they say your connection is fine. I am very frustrated by all of this, I've asked to file a complaint (they gave me a complaint number but that didn't help either).

I've done some tests myself, disabled the 2.4ghz wireless thinking that it was an issue with the wireless only (initially) but when I run a speed test on the wired I still get the issue. My hub is connected directly into the openreach socket. 

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: New Inifinity 2 customer nightmare speed and support

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post  1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fukaeri
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi imjolly,

thanks for the reply, I've attached the screenshot from the btwholesale website. 

I'll get the other info from the hub this evening when I am back home.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
fukaeri
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi imjolly,

here is 1-12 from my HH5:

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1430005731
3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated 2/2/2015
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 20:12:32
6. Data Rate: 19999 / 79987
7. Maximum Data Rate: 26270 / 85396
8. Noise Margin: 14.9 / 7.4
9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 14.0
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 1.6 GB / 1.9 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
can you please run the further diagnostics part of the BT speedtest with a wired connectionand post the results

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
You have max connection speed for infinity 2. Your connection time is only 20hrs was that due to router dropping connection or manual reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fukaeri
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I called the customer service yesterday evening because my speed went down again to 1.5mbps up and down and they made me reset the router. 

In the last 5 days I've called them every night, they run a check on the line, they make me run the speed test and then they make me reset the router and tell me to monitor it for the next 24hours but of course after a couple of hours my speed drops again. 😞

0 Ratings
fukaeri
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Yesterday evening same problem again, connection dropped to 1.4mbps up and down. 

I didn't have time to call support again so did a reset and it went back to 70/18.

This morning I wake up to 8 down / 9 up max. I don't really know what to do. I moved from SKY because I could only get 12/1 and this is even worse. 😞

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 07.13.48.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 07.14.55.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
You need to report the problem and get an engineer visit
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
fukaeri
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I have reported 5 times already and also opened a complaint case.

Is there any way I can bypass the support to book an engineer visit? I've been on the phone for more than 5 hours with them in less than a week and asked them to send an engineer multiple times but they just make me reset the router and then tell me everything is fine now, please monitor it for 24h.

0 Ratings