cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: New Install

It doesn’t display any stats when connected to the Openreach modem, so I had to connect it directly to get the stats from the technical log.
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 12 of 19

yes sorry my bad i see that now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

It is unusual for the speed in the test socket to be less than another socket. When connected to test socket did you check fir a dial tone at all your extension sockets wether in use it not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 19

We have no extensions in the house to test so probably adds to the mystery really.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

Picture1.png

Speed seems to have dropped. Connection timer on the hub has also reset. 😞

0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 19

Went to chat with BT to see why my speed had dropped and they say I’m now getting 32.2Mbps. But it’s over the 32Mbps minimum so they won’t do anything until it drops further. 😭
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

bear in mind it is connection speed that has the guarantee not the download speed so at present you are above the monimum according to the btspeedtester profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 19

Yes very true. It was the BT chat rep that said my connection speed was at 32.2Mbps. I haven’t actually run the test again to double my ip profile to confirm what they said.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 19

So I’ve been back on chat with BT and they’ve refreshed my line and connection. I’m guessing they’ve not actually done anything? They won’t book an engineer until I’ve waited between 24-48 hours for my line to stabilise.

I ran a test this morning before I left for work that put my ip profile at 31.7Mbps. I can’t remember the exact number.

Where do I go from here?
0 Ratings