So I had BT Infinity activated yesterday. I was given a speed range of 35-53 Mbps and a minimum of 32Mbps.
The BT site now states if I ordered today I should get 40-57 Mbps and a minimum of 35 Mbps.
The DSL checker and technical log from the SH6 will follow.
I haven't tested using the test socket yet or tried a quiet line test but the DSL checker seems to think I can achieve far greater on a clean line than I am now. Is there anything that can be done or is it a case of wait and see?
The low uptime is because the router is an FTTP SH6 connected to an Openreach modem. I had to disconnect it and move it to use the DSL port and get the stats.
from stats you have 41mb connection speed so within the estimate give by BT but lower than estimated speed from checker
I would try test socket with filter to see if that improves conenction by eliminating your internal wiring
So I tried the test socket with a new filter and cable. The line attenuation drops slightly, the noise margin drops by a third, the max data rate drops massively, and the data rate drops slightly.
A quiet line test alebit with a cordless phone doesn't have any noise. I'll try with a corded one and double check at some point.
A speed test on the BT wholesale site is attached also.