The orange light indicates that the authentication has failed and the 4.3GB usage is odd if you actually did do a factory reset.
To do a factory reset of the hub
Completed a second factory reset. Pin goes in, stays there for about 20 seconds until I see the orange light go off and the green light return. I have followed the instructions for this to the letter.
Still getting the following output from the troubleshooting report:
1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068543+NQ50105203
3. Firmware version: Software version 184.108.40.206.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:05:18
6. Data rate: 14993 / 39993
7. Maximum data rate: 32260 / 96521
8. Noise margin: 18.5 / 22.0
9. Line attenuation: 8.2 / 9.7
10. Signal attenuation: 8.1 / 9.8
11. Data sent/received: 11.3 MB / 4.3 GB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-XRJ3
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-XRJ3
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 44:e9:dd:51:b6:f0
24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant: AA
26. Boot loader: 1.0.0
Yep, orange power light with an orange broadband icon appearing and dissapearing intermittently, not flashing however.
Thanks for your post. Something definitely isn't right with your connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.
|Did you get the help you needed?|
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
|Show your appreciation!|
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
|Help guide to using the community? Click below|
|Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You|
Great, and thanks for the explanation.
Unfortunately I have no reply from the mods and when I try to relay what you have said to BT India they ignore me, tell me to restart my homehub and then declare the line is going to be unstable while it adjusts.
So I'm currently paying for a service I don't have, whilst holding the information required to address it and being ignored.
Not a great start to my service..
Is it worth me contacting Openreach directly?
you are not an openreach customer so they will not help you
the mods will get back to you but when you completed the email you joined a queue of other customers waiting for mods assistance who all consider there problem priority hence why mods deal with emails in order of receipt it can take 3/6 working days for mods to contact you but they will take personal responsibility for your problem until solved