cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StrayS
Message 1 of 7

New Router/Modem = Being redirected to a BT Wholesale Service Information Webpage

Go to solution

Afternoon all,

Our household has changed out devices and we've been hitting a brick wall getting internet out, here is the situation:

Old set up - Openreach modem for dsl, connected to an ASUS Router for ethernet/wireless connection. Works perfectly fine.

New set up - ASUS Router/Modem connected to dsl line. WAN configured for a VDSL, account and password verified, can see dsl connection up, comms working but being told we need to log in to the network, pushes us to BT Wholesale owned web pages saying to contact ISP.

The fact that we are being bounced to public IP addresses for these messages makes me believe there is no config issues our end and something needs changing/accepting from the other side.

Here is the message from the page with two of the IPs presented that we've been redirected to whenever making an attempt to web search. I've seen this posted a few times on this forum previously whilst we have not had much luck explaining the issue with technical support on the phone, so any help would be appreciated.

62.6.38.125 & 194.74.65.98

SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.

•Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.
Or

•You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.
Or

•You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider
Or

•You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.
Or

•The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider

Page maintained by BTWholesale

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
BT Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Router/Modem = Being redirected to a BT Wholesale Service Information Webpage

Go to solution

Hi @StrayS

Welcome to the community.

Have you configured your Asus VDSL compatible modem-router with the following settings: http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/TP_link/w9970/W9970_vdsl.html

If you don't use a valid user authentication for the PPP session you can get redirected to this page.

BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
StrayS
Message 3 of 7

Re: New Router/Modem = Being redirected to a BT Wholesale Service Information Webpage

Go to solution
Hi James-C,

The vdsl is configured with pppoe using the bthomehub user and password. I can see the dsl line active, 48Mb down 8Mb up, but consistent redirection to the above mentioned webpage.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The last ones I saw with that message needed mod help to fix it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Are you sure you are using bthomehub@btbroadband.com and not bthomehub@btinternet.com?

StrayS
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Licquorice,

You were correct, we had been given @Broadband.com, not btbroadband.com. Such a simple one to get wrong, so annoying!!

Thank you so much!
0 Ratings
BT Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@StrayS

Easy mistake to make. Glad you have it sorted now with the help of the community 🙂

BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings