Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geoff51
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New Smart Hub

Go to solution

I have just ordered the new BT Smart Hub to replae my ageing Home Hub 3 which is playing up. What i need to know is 1. does it just plug into the white Openreach box like the 3home hub. 2. will it have a new SSID and wireless key.  I hope you can help me as it is being delivered on Wednesday.

Thanks

Geoff
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Smart Hub

Go to solution

Hi @geoff51,

You don't need to connect the new Smart Hub to the Openreach Modem, this is because it already has the modem built in.

The new Hub will have its own SSID, you can change this by login into the Hub Manger. You will need to connect all devices to the new SSID once you set up your new hub.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
geoff51
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Paddyb

do you just plug it straight in to the top socket on the wall and dispense with white box completely? does it come with installation instructions and cani connect using wps?

Geoff
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, just plug the lead that currently goes to the modem DSL socket into the DSL socket of the new hub, plug and play. Yes it supports wps.

geoff51
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just to let you know I have recieved and installed the new Smart hub with help from these forums. It was really easy and took less that 30 mins to install and connect 5 items to the hub. I am now getting 52mbps most of the time and it was definitely worth the £50 it cost as my old HH3 was shot.

Geoff
0 Ratings