Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angstone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New all in one cabinet. Infill

Hello

We are about 3 miles from the exchange and until now about 1.5 - 2 miles from the cabinet that supplied us. (Cab 7 on Sandbach exchange). We have never been able to get fibre as we were too far from the cabinet and have suffered with <1mb broadband. Our village has been pushing our local rural broadband scheme for years and we were told that we should be sorted this summer.

At the beginning of June a new “all in one type cabinet” appeared in our village. It’s about 1.5 miles from the next nearest cabinet (which is the one we are served from). Last week guys with big reels of what looked like fibre did some work along the road that leads from Sandbach past the existing cabinet and into our village. Hopefully the fibre going in.

Today when I’ve come home I’ve noticed that 4 silver locks have appeared ( just little round key type ones). They form a large square on the front of the cabinet. Is this a type of the silver lock people talk about going on cabinets when they are commissioned? Does this mean the power & fibre are all there and the cabinet is ready to go?

I think from what I’ve read we need ‘live to live migration’ to happen. So our lines are routed from the old cabinet to the new.

I know the new cabinet must be for our village to transfer over too as there are only about 100 houses and we are all currently attached to cabinet 7. There is no new buildings/ development in the area so the only point of it is infill I would assume.

How does live to live migration happen, any clue on timescales? Does it interrupt services?

Any help would be gratefully received
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New all in one cabinet. Infill

Just be patient, it will happen. There will obviously be a disruption whilst the move takes place, but should be minutes rather than hours.

0 Ratings
Angstone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks I know we do :/. It’s just very difficult when you end up having to drive your daughter miles to sit in a McDonald’s just so she upload an assignment as your internet at home is too slow to do it.

A neighbours house sale fell through last month because of lack of internet as well
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Indeed, but there is nothing you can do to speed things along. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings