cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeIT
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New build / FTTP / UPRN

I wonder if anyone could help with the below.

1. I'm due to move into a new build property in the next 3 months (currently still at lift stage) on the Fore Meadows Estate in Birmingham (B42 - Great Barr). The area has very recently had the FTTP put in for nearly the entire estate but a few of the freshly completed properties. I cannot in any way that I can think get any information from Openreach whether they plan to roll out FTTP to the rest of the estate once it's complete. or whether they may just chose to put fibre instead of copper for all the rest of the properties currently being built I've tried the usual Openreach forms etc. but all I'm getting is 'your exist doesn't exist' despite explaining my case. Does anyone know of any method in which I can find out? I've asked the developer to contact Openreach but they've been next to useless I'm afraid and I don't think they're interested in getting involved.

2. When I do a search within the BT DSL Checker with my CORRECT post code this does not show up at all which I thought was perfectly reasonable as the property is not yet built. I have however managed to find my property number by accident with it's UPRN present however in the WRONG post code. I've  then looked and it would appear that a lot of the newly built properties will show with their CORRECT post code in the DSL checker however without the UPRN number and are still showing under their WRONG post code with the UPRN present however stating the line is not connected. Does anyone know how much of a propblem does this cause especially when it comes to Ultrafast rollouts etc? Please see below to explain what I mean1.PNGIncorrect postcode UPRN present2.PNGCorrect post code, line active but UPRN missing

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New build / FTTP / UPRN

Welcome to this user forum.

This is a BT Retail forum, and has nothing to do with Openreach.

Only Openreach would be able to help with this, but the developer would have been involved with Openreach at the start, so really they should be chasing this up, as Openreach would have been paying them to provide the infrastructure.

There is a possibility that the FTTP team may be able to sort out the postcode issue.

Try them on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Openreach will not be able to help with this. Although the build site will be registered with them not all individual build plots will be until the developer releases them by confirming  the plot build is complete.

Perhaps it may be helpful to refer to the developer handbook next time you contact the developer.

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/resources/site1/General/Developers-and-architects/Fibre-Handb...

MikeIT
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi Keith,

Thanks for that. I know it's all openreach but BT ultimately will be my service provider when I move (they are providing my service now) hence the query.

Re the below number, I can't really use it without knowing whether the rest of the estate will be FTTP / copper. 

Do you know of any ways to ascertain this?

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Did you see the last post by @pippincp

0 Ratings