Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 20

Re: New build house no Bt fiber?

Go to solution

that will probably be why... the mobile site is a bit different. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

broadband

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

IMG_3409.jpgIMG_3405.jpgIMG_3403.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Ive posted the images.the first is my neighbours less than a few meters aways which shows they can order fibre metlahm cabinet 3, the second is what I get get on same site when I try (using address only) on meltham cab 3 finall the bt checker you asked for results, this shows no fttc

is it simply a matter that i order broadband, get a line installed then wait and upgrade?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

@Mwallwork

I took the liberty of using the postcode you had provided to do a check myself.. (you may want to remove it )

This is the result I got

FTTC_Address_Check.JPG

Note it say's on demand not Wholesale. 

I checked ALL 3 listed address' on the postcode and all 3 show the same. 

If you know the address of another property near by you need to post the results of the checker I have shown (removing the address from the results) which is the DSL Checker and see if that is different from the above results. 

That would give us the better idea, not the Openreach page you have shown us. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution
If there’s no FTTC availability on the Openreach site/BTwholesale DSL Checker it’s unlikely an ISP can order FTTC.

It’s possible that the route your particular line takes from the cabinet is too long for FTTC to work.

I’d fill out this formwize https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d if you want to query this directly with Openreach yourself.
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Order a phone line with or without ADSL, the database should update within 10 working days and show you exactly what is available to you.

Until the phone line is installed Openreach can't run a line test to determine availability of VDSL.

If your new build is part of a development of 30 or more houses blame the developer for not registering with Openreach for FTTP deployment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
I will ha to repost when I get back on a pc but I have put the address in of the house next door which is a few metres away and it shows Vsdl available same as the house next to that and same as the house opposite . So all houses within a few metres have vsdl from Meltham cabinet 3. My new build which doesn’t have a line fitted yet says it doesn’t . It won’t be a cable length issues as houses either sided are all connected
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

There is no need to repost. As I said above all you need to do is get a phone line installed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Just thought I'd add the database is updated every Friday so you could be able to order within 5 days depending on day of install of line.

0 Ratings