cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glynlucas
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

New cabinet - no g.inp enabled

I've just been upgraded from ADSL with a line speed of 2Mb/s to FTTC VDSL2 with a projected line speed of  between 35Mb/s and 41Mb/s. In reality, I'm connecting at approximately 30Mb/s although the BT speed estimates still say I should be able to acheive up to 41Mb/s.

However, I'm not unduly surprised at the acheivable speed I'm getting with a line attenuation is 23.6db (equating to around 850m of copper between my property and the cabinet).

The disappointment is that despite being on a brand new Huawei cabinet and connecting to it with a Hauwei H612 modem (which I had to purchase because BT refused to supply one), the G.INP protocol is NOT enabled. 

I was under the impression G.INP was now enabled across the BT network on the download link?

Interestingly, my neighbours are using HH5 Type A and struggling to achieve anything above 25Mb/s connection.

Can someone with more knowledge and experience tell me when or if G.INP will be enabled?

Thanks

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: New cabinet - no g.inp enabled

I thought all the Huawei cabs were enabled but only people who can clarify or give a date are openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
oliver-munn
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

You need the latest firmware on the HG612 fro G.INP support B030SP08 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

"The disappointment is that despite being on a brand new Huawei cabinet and connecting to it with a Huawei H612 modem (which I had to purchase because BT refused to supply one), the G.INP protocol is NOT enabled. "

You had to buy your own Because Openreach stopped providing them once one ISP's started providing VDSL modems in their supplied routers and self installs were started BT never provided the modem in the first plce
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 20

G.INP will currently be enabled if:

a) you are on a Huawei cabinet;

b) your modem supports it (i.e. as mentioned the HG612 needs the right firmware); AND

c) only if Openreach's automated DLM system believes your line needs it

Even then, it can take a month or two for G.INP to activate on a new brand new connection..

In the meantime, make sure you try and connect via the master/test socket once to make sure that local wiring is not causing any other issues for your sync speed.

sja681
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

@gt94sss2

c) only if Openreach's automated DLM system believes your line needs it

I have been using a Draytek 2760Vn with type 1 firmware which does not support G.inp so interleaving is enabled.

In the interim, whilst trying to get this upgraded to type 3 firmware which does support G.inp, I have obtained a

Draytek 130 modem (with type 3 firmware which does support G.inp), does this mean that the DLM will have to be

reset for G.inp? (Home Hub 5B awaited which will allow me to view the line stats better - 130 doesn't tell me!)

Regards,

S.

0 Ratings
Block66b
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

G.INP is not in activated in all DSLAMS......
0 Ratings
sja681
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

@Block66b

But I am on a Huawei cabinet; hence the question. So, where do i find out if "my" DSLAM is G.inp enabled?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Block66b
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Not sure...... All I know is not all Huwaei cabs are G.INP enabled, none of the ones round my way are at all.....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

@Block66b wrote:
Not sure...... All I know is not all Huwaei cabs are G.INP enabled, none of the ones round my way are at all.....

What leads you to that conclusion, I would be very surprised if that was the case.