Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Block66b
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: New cabinet - no g.inp enabled

Erm, the fact I work with them day in day out and know none of the 96 or 586 cabs where I work have had G.INP enabled.......

0 Ratings
sja681
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

@Block66b

Huawei 288 FTTC cabinet 15, LARGS, North Ayrshire. Do you know or can you find out if G.inp enabled?

If so, when moving from non G.inp (interleaved) modem to G.inp capable, is DLM reset required?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 20

No DLM reset is required for G.inp

gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 20

@sja681 wrote:

@gt94sss2

c) only if Openreach's automated DLM system believes your line needs it

I have been using a Draytek 2760Vn with type 1 firmware which does not support G.inp so interleaving is enabled.

In the interim, whilst trying to get this upgraded to type 3 firmware which does support G.inp, I have obtained a

Draytek 130 modem (with type 3 firmware which does support G.inp), does this mean that the DLM will have to be

reset for G.inp? (Home Hub 5B awaited which will allow me to view the line stats better - 130 doesn't tell me!)

No change is needed to the DLM - it will detect that the modem supports G.INP and switch it on ifit thinks its needed.. though as I say, this can take a long time..

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 20

@Block66b wrote:
G.INP is not in activated in all DSLAMS......

It doesn't need to be but is active in their Huawei cabinets

Openreach said some time ago they have finished rolling it out to existing Huawei cabinets and new ones should have it by defaut.

Their ECI ones are a different matter altogether.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

@gt94sss2 wrote:

Openreach said some time ago they have finished rolling it out to existing Huawei cabinets and new ones should have it by defaut.

That is also my understanding, hence being surprised at @Block66b assertions.

oliver-munn
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Openreach installers don't have access to the FTTC cab, just the PCP.

0 Ratings
sja681
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

@oliver-munn

DSLAM has multiple aggregation cards, and each card has multiple ports to which the customers lines are connected.

I've had an Openreach engineer out and he stated that the ports connected to my line were faulty and carried out a 

"Lift and Shift" procedure to another set of ports, which I presumed would have been at the DSLAM. Copper to the 

PCP had tested fine and the phone line was ok (except perhaps a bit noisy in heavy rain, which it still is!)

0 Ratings
oliver-munn
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

It shouldn't be noisy in heavy rain which indicates a problem, but G.INP will cope with that.

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 20

Copper to the 

PCP had tested fine and the phone line was ok (except perhaps a bit noisy in heavy rain, which it still is!)

When this next happens you should report it as a Voice (not Broadband) fault - as has been said this should not happen - and fixing it could help with your broadband connection as well.