cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

New connection - no signal - purple flashing light

Left Sky broadband as connection repeatedly dropped and was slow with poor coverage to boot. My work IT did a ping test and said the results showed I needed a “lift and shift” done at the exchange. Got on to Sky but they kept fobbing me off even though I repeatedly told them they needed to get BT Openreach to do a lift and shift at the exchange. So I left and took out BT Infinity instead.

Had a message today to say BT fibre service now activated. Sky now switched off. Long story short: light flashing purple, no internet. They got me to try everything over the phone and now I have to wait for an engineer to come out later in the week. But what could be the problem? Any ideas? Using same socket as we did for Sky - and phone still feeding into it via micro filter, and the phone works fine - so what’s the problem?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: New connection - no signal - purple flashing light

Hi @Harringay and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the activation. Have you had an engineer visit? Has the issue been resolved?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

No - one’s booked to come on Friday...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for confirming that @Harringay.

Can you please post after the visit and let us know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 5

If the engineer thinks a lift & shifit is necessary he will perform one at the cabinet. For VDSL it doesn't happen at the exchange.

0 Ratings