cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinky77
Message 1 of 5

New connection not working

Hi we had our fibre bband installation yesterday and the engineer said that we would be receiving a new home hub by 6pm. This didn't arrive so I got on to the live chat team who said my existing home hub 5 should work fine, just plug the ethernet cable (grey wire) into port one on the open reach fibre optic wan and then the other end into the red socket on the hub. He said it may take 24 to kick in.
I have done all that, the phone line works fine but we still (30 hours later) have no broadband. The power light is steady orange and b light is flashing red. I have checked for known issues on the number given and tried to call but it's a long wait at the moment so thought I would give this a go.
Hope you can help 😊
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New connection not working

You do not need the modem. Just connect the home hub 5 directly into the same broadband socket or microfilter, that the modem is in, using the supplied RJ11 lead.

Put the modem away, just in case you decide to use a different router at a later date.

0 Ratings
Pinky77
Message 3 of 5

The only modem we have is the new one on the wall that the engineer sorted yesterday it has a row of lights across the top saying power, PON, LOS, PORT, PORT 2, PORT 3, PORT 4, TEL 1 & TEL 2.
The power, PON and TEL 1 lights are lit, the home hub is in PORT 1 but that's not lit up.
Don't know if that helps at all?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

You have fibre to the premises (FTTP), so the situation is different. There are a few on here with FTTP, including @john46 who could posibly help with this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pinky77
Message 5 of 5

Ok ☺ thank you.
0 Ratings