cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

New contract Stay Fast Guaratee less than my current stay fast

My contract is up for renewal soon and what I am concerned about is the fact that the stay fast guarantee on the new contract is 45mbps when my current stay fast is 71

I want to renew contract but the stay fast guarantee is not realistic for my line.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: New contract Stay Fast Guaratee less than my current stay fast

👍

0 Ratings
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

This is really crappy of BT as my existing line is already minimum of 71. So if I renew and have an issue with a decline in broadband speed then nobody is going to help me unless my speed falls below 45. I called BT and asked for them to investigate and do an order request to Openreach as I am positive this has to be an admin error for my lines speed but they just refused and said your line once renewed would now be this new speed.
What makes me even more upset about this is when I took my current contract out I also got two BT family Sims out as when I took I took the contract out the sales rep told me that "being fibre plus you get double data and discounted price on family Sims"  so it worked out to be a great deal.
If I end contract with BT fibre plus, I am going to be stuck with my family Sims as they are longer contract lengths than the home phone and broadband and will no longer get the discounts and double data making the family Sims over priced.

The quoted speeds are wrong they minimum stay fast is even below Open reaches hand back
I would really like some help can as I am not getting any ware on the phone. Please help BT mod

Below is my current fibre plus speed contract and below that is the new contract the minimum is almost half 

contract stay fast.jpgstayyyfasst.jpg

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Enter your phone number HERE and post the result. Remove number before posting.

0 Ratings
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

BT AVAILABILTY.jpg

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Could this change maybe be due to the voluntary bb code of practice BT have signed up to where they have to give you accurate speed information during peak times etc?

0 Ratings
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

It most likely is or something to do with the new Ofcom revised code but if that is the case then it seems to my like it is being abused as they are setting the minimum speed threshold so low they wont have to acknowledge anything as a fault or do anything to improve the performance on a line.

They should to be giving accurate figures

0 Ratings