cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevebrass
Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: Beware of switch from Infinity 1 to 'new' 52Mb Infinity 1

Looking at the availability stats 43M seems the limit.

Your line should be able to faster than the figure you are getting.

What was the minimum speed quoted when you recontracted to Infinity 1?

0 Ratings
Sumdumgi
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

@stevebrass wrote:

Looking at the availability stats 43M seems the limit.

Your line should be able to faster than the figure you are getting.

What was the minimum speed quoted when you recontracted to Infinity 1?

I don't know if it was mentioned. I actually wasn't bothered about an increase, took the offer as financially it was a good one. Simply didn't expect re-contracting would involve any reduction in the service I had been quite happy with.

Edit - just found the email and it says minimum of 27mb and they estimate 32 - 45mb for download and 6- 8mb upload.

Obviously I'm now on the minimum whereas before I recontracted I was closer to the maximum !

0 Ratings
ianm1309
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Since I was quoted in the first post, I thought I'd chip in with an update on my Infinity connection.

After being around 47-48Mb for a couple of years on Infinity 2, the switch to Infinity 1 resulted in a drop to 39Mb. Estimated speeds on switching were stated as 42-55Mb with a miminum of 35Mb. OR engineer assured me that my line was only capable of around 38Mb. No explanation from OR or BT as to why I'd been happily synced, and resynced, around 47Mb for years on Infinity 2.

Well 10 weeks on, after a couple of weeks on 36Mb,  I've just had an increase to - wait for it - 38Mb. Still nearly 10Mb short of my Infinity 2 speed and G.INP is still switched off. I think DLM has had plenty of time to sort itself out. At this rate, users could go through most of a 12 month contract without ever getting near their possible maximum speeds!

Just waiting to get out now - there are lots of cheaper ISPs on a 38Mb product.

0 Ratings