Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
muggles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

New customer - major disappointment

Hi everyone!

I switched to BT Infinity as soon as it was available and chose the Infinity 2 totally unlimited option as my two teenage sons ( and their girlfirends) spend an inordinate amount of time playing on-line games and streaming anime movies.

I have a host of problems and would really appreciate some help and guidance in my attempt to resolve them.

When the line was upgraded, a contractor fitted the mk2 faceplate to existing entry box and then ran a wire to the lounge and fitted an extension box there where the HH5 plugs into.

The faceplate is hanging off and I can see the wiring behind it.

I questioned the contractor and he said that he had to work with the equipment that BT supplied but that it was safe.

Whenever the phone rings, the broadband disconnects.

Although we were told by BT to expect somewhere around 60mbps download and 15mbps upload we actually get 43mbps download and around 7mbps upload. (as measured using BT wholesale speed checker)

What I'm hoping for is someone to kindly guide me through the stages of contacting BT and what to ask for to get the best service from them.

I've added this information below as I've seen it requested in other threads.

Thanks in advance!

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ41633086
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 12/07/14
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime:0 days, 10:28:52
6. Data rate:6096 / 45731
7. Maximum data rate:7196 / 49515
8. Noise margin:7.9 / 5.9
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 20.8
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 18.8
11. Data sent/received:3.5 GB / 2.0 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
muggles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: New customer - major disappointment

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number             on Exchange THRAPSTON is served by Cabinet 6

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)6547.819.212.7--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)5531.219.28.7--Available

ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------31-Oct-14

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

You have had a very shoddy, poor install of BT Infinity. There is no way that it should have been left with the faceplate hanging off. If the fitter is prepared to to that I don't hold out much hope that it is wired up correctly. The noise margins are well of the optimum of 6 which would indicate a fault.

You need to phone BT and complain about the install. Do not be fobbed off with the "ten day training period". Insist that they send out a proper engineer to rectify the poor install.

Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 14

Sounds like there is also star wiring as the Infinity  connection is cut off when the phone rings.

As suggested get onto BT and request an engineer to rectify the poor iinstall.

muggles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Phoned up on Friday and spoke to someone in India.

Struggled to understand what they were saying.

Was told that there was a fault on my line and would I like an engineer to come on Saturday. Unfortunately I was away for the weekend.

Engineer arranged for Monday 1030 - 1230.

No engineer.

Called bt again, another guy in India, asked for a supervisor and got through to a guy called Satchin.

Apparently a service call was booked for the weekend (after I told them I was away for the weekend) and that no engineer visit had been scheduled.

At this point I have to say that the level of customer service is utterly apalling. I've wasted two hours of my life waiting for an engineer who wasn't even booked and at no stage was I told that I needed to speak to someone else to arrange for an engineer to come to my house.

To make matters worse, after being told that there was a fault on my line on Friday the supervisor has now told me that the line is stable and I don't need an engineer.

I've now been on hold for over 15 minutes (as I type I'm listening to classical music) and the total call duration is currently 44 minutes.

I've just reminded the supervisor that the extension box face plate is hanging off, that the broadband disconnects on phone calls and that my download speed is around 40mbps and upload varies between 5 and 9 mbps.

I now have an engineer booked Friday 8 - 1.

I've been told that I might get charged.

If I dealt with my customers as badly as BT has dealt with me so far I would be out of business.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

muggles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

That would be fantastic, thank you!

I can't really describe how utterly fed up I am with BT at this point in time.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi muggles,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry you've had so many problems since getting set up on BT Infinity.  It doesn't make great reading to be perfectly honest Smiley Embarassed

No need to worry as I can help get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
muggles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Hi Robbie,

Email has been sent.

Thanks for your input.

0 Ratings
muggles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Engineer visit is Thursday 8 - 1, not Friday as posted earlier in the thread.
Mike
0 Ratings