cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billboh
Message 11 of 15

Re: New fiber customer - Not getting speeds promised

I was getting 3.2mb/s on normal broadband.. Are you really telling me 5mb/s is as much as I'm going to get? What a joke!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

sorry but have you read the explantion s @Keith_Beddoe and I have posted   you are getting a very good download speed for your connection speed

@Keith_Beddoe  these stats already posted - unless you need them again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

I just noticed the stats, nothing wrong with that speed. I expect @Billboh is downloading a file, and looking at that speed. Downloads are normally measured in megaBYTES/s.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

from the dsl checker results you must have had a very good ADSL conenction probably 20mb maybe slightly more and moving to fibre you ahve gone to 40mb connection speed hence what to you appears a small increase in download speed but correct nevertheless

you could pay more and go to 80/75mb connection speed and get download speed of about 72mb (8/9MB)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.