cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New fibre BB - Telephone connection help please.

I have just had my long awaited fibre BB connected, I have the new Openreach modem that contains all i need, connected to home hub 6, internet works well, however the phone line connection with in the modem does not have a dialing tone, lucky that i still have my old phone line in place, but was under the impression that phone line would come through the modem. Any help please.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New fibre BB - Telephone connection help please.

If there is an existing copper route, then I would not expect Fibre Voice to be provided as well, as that is normally provided where there is no copper routing.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

My direct neighbour has just had the same packaged setup, they have no old copper phone line entering there home now, all comes via the fibre.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Unless Openreach are planning to recover the whole copper cable, then I expect you will stay as you are. Next door may never have had a working copper service.

Some features like BT Call Protect, are not available on Fibre Voice, so you are better off in that respect.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 5

The TELE Port on the ONT will only work if you’ve subscribed to th FVA Service, otherwise you’ll continue to get your Phone service down the Copper Line.

Either your neighbour has subscribed to the FVA Service or is still being provided via the PSTN Network via the Copper Pair in the FTTP Hybrid Cable.