cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: New fibre cabinet 10m from house but Infinity 2 speed low

You mighht well be on Infinity 2 but as t stands, there's a potential issue with the connection somewhere preventing the router connecting at the higher speeds. With those estimations you're probably better off with the cheaper Infinity 1 anyway.

Is your router connected to the master socket or an extension? Can you plug the router into the test socket using a micro filter and repost the connection stats from within the router?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nickmin
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Yes, its connected to the master socket.

Yes, its possible that some faulty connection issue is lowering the speeds.

However, its highly suspicious that the speeds I am getting are exactly the speeds expected (and acheived by my neighbour) for Infinity 1.

I am uninclined to believe in coincidences of this nature.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

Is your tin foil hat on tight enough?

There's no conspiracy here. You need an engineer visit but you also need to be aware that the maximum speed your line can expect is 63meg, that's only 8meg higher than the Infinity 1 maximum so you're likely better off financially with infinity 1.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings