cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoraig
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: New home / Fiber installation

So the original set up sees a ethernet cable come out of port one then into a fixed port in the wall (all in tye cupboard). I believe that this cable is the extension to the wall next to the tv in the other room. When i connect that ethernet Point with the hub i get no internet connection. When i remove the cable from port 1 in the cupboard and use another ethernet cable to connect direct to the hun then the internet works. The problem is that i then are unable to take a ethernet from the hub to the bt tv box. I am sure my terminology is wrong but hopefully i made it a little clearer......or not! Lol
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

If neither of the 2 type of connections shown below work, then the problem is with your Ethernet cabling between cupboard and tv room.

1. ONT > HUB WAN port  .....   Hub LAN port1  > port x in cupboard  ............ port in tv room > tv box

2. ONT > port x in cupboard ........... port in tv room > HUB WAN port.........Hub LAN port 1 > tv box

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 14

@licquoricewrote:

If neither of the 2 type of connections shown below work, then the problem is with your Ethernet cabling between cupboard and tv room.

It's possible that there isn't any cabling present if it's a real dogs dinner.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Get an Ethernet circuit tester and check each of the sockets so that you can establish if they are connected up and which socket runs to where. You will need to have two spare Ethernet cables to plug into the sockets so you can connect the circuit tester.